Dave has over 34 years of engineering and environmental permitting experience in design, construction, operation and closure of mine processing, waste disposal and water management facilities. Specialties include:
- Mine process and non-process facility design, permitting, construction assistance, operations management and closure.
- Process fluid management for tailings and heap leach systems.
- Storm water management for protection of process facilities (plants, tailings, heap leach), open pit systems and waste rock disposal areas.
- Mine dewatering flow and volume management and disposal.
- Cost-benefit evaluation using risk based assessments for proposed and operating process facilities, and facilities requiring temporary or permanent closure.
- Re-treatment of tailings including re-slurring and/or mechanical transport, scheduling and management.
- Development of integrated closure plans for tailings disposal, heap leach and process fluid management systems.
- Development of alternative process facility design that demonstrates significant reduction of potential closure liabilities.
- Attention to detail.
Dave graduated with a degree in Civil Engineering from the renowned University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa in 1977, and joined SRK Consulting in 1978. Since then he has been involved in finding solutions to the ever-changing challenges of mining and processing.
He formed the O.F.S. Goldfields branch of SRK in 1980, and remained there for 10 years before moving to Reno, Nevada from where he has been involved in planning, design, permitting, construction, operation and closure of mine facilities in the USA, Canada, Africa, South America and Europe.