Pit Slope Stability
We have the knowledge and experience to work on a range of studies from scoping to feasibility and operational improvement across all major resource types, for open pit operations, and for operational support. Our consultants, many with industry backgrounds, have worked on deposits on all continents bringing a broad international perspective and experience to your projects.
Our team of professionals includes indviduals with highly developed numerical modelling capabilities. We offer a mix of analytical and empirical analysis complemented by sound operational experience to give solutions that are innovative and practical and design parameters that are optimised for the conditions and mining strategy. We focus on the application and interpretation of the analytical results by reducing the data to create geotechnical domain models, representing sectors of the project that are expected to have similar geotechnical characteristics. Our deliverables are useful geotechnical models and design parameters to ensure that you get practical, focused results that add value to your projects.
We work hard to stay at the forefront of industry and technological developments: our experts have participated on the Large Open Pit Study group coordinated by CSIRO. We use techniques such as Sirovision or 3DM Analyst and we are developing data collection improvements for rock mass classification.
We are able to provide experts in the key areas to assist you to deliver successful projects and are happy to work closely with your teams to strengthen in-house capacity by transferring our understanding and skills.
- Geotechnical field investigation, mapping, logging, and databasing
- Structural interpretation and analysis
- Rock mass characterisation and domain modelling
- Mining method selection and excavation sequencing optimisation
- Assessment of impact of groundwater on open pit design
- Mine infrastructure and capital development excavation design
- Pit slope and underground stability analysis, 2D and 3D modelling and design
- Design of slope support systems
- Design, implementation and management of monitoring systems
- Training of client personnel