Mining Feasibility Studies
Our goal is to maximize the underlying value of your mineral resource by employing the correct project concepts, in alignment with your corporate goals and development strategies. We will rigorously prepare an optimized mine plan using proven methods that provide production surety. We know what works, and which issues constitute opportunities and risks.
Our experienced mining consultants have spent many years on operating mines prior to consulting. This experience helps us offer practical expertise in a wide range of technical services from mining geology and resource estimation, to tailings and heap leach engineering, through mine planning, permitting, and closure. This blend of know-how, together with the innovative application of advanced mining technologies, has led to the wide acceptance of our engineering studies by the mining, banking and investment community internationally.
Teams of consultants are assembled to meet the unique needs of each project. We typically partner with an EPCM company which provides mineral processing and infrastructure design experience. Our strong relationships with several of these companies enable us to form the partnership best suited to your project’s challenges. Our services consist of the preparation of scoping studies, mining pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for both underground and open pit mine projects.
Being part of the SRK worldwide consulting group means we have access to many global specialists who complement local expertise with the geological, geotechnical, hydrogeological, mining, metallurgical, mine closure, environmental and social skills to match the specific challenges of your project.
- Mining scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- Mining method analysis and selection
- Estimation of mineral reserves
- Development and production scheduling with specialized mining software
- Optimization of production rate and sequencing
- Estimation of equipment and manpower requirements
- Mining logistics and infrastructure design
- Project execution plan
- Capital and operating cost estimation
- Benchmarking against current operations
- Financial analysis modelling and valuation
- Identification of opportunities, risks and risk mitigation